Wednesday 19 June 2019

Cinquante

I give thanks I woke up in time to get the text my taxi was on its way. This was the 7.00 am one about which hospital staff yesterday dismissed my concerns...and I couldn't get through to anyone until half past to point out the error, by which time the driver had called me to find out where I was! Once again staff assured me it would be sorted but then I got a text to say Friday's taxi would be at 7.38 and no more info about today's...so I just had to get everything sorted in case it came early and then patiently (no pun intended) use the time in case it came late. I give thanks for thus getting a few more odds and ends done though they did make my arm rather sore -  but a bit of progress on the craft project I'm working on in odd moments, sorting out of recycling, going downstairs to collect a parcel left out of sight by a helpful communicative courier and another from the postman (Thanks Ann!) and getting fresh readings from my meter were all very welcome.

I was also very grateful in the midst of this I did not have to deal with a prospective rug collector! I exchanged messages with someone about this on Saturday and we agreed Thursday morning would be fine, then last night he asked for more details about where I lived and then said 'See you in the morning'. I was so dozy yesterday I actually wondered if I'd missed a day, but when I said in the morning would be Wednesday he asked if that was convenient. Well no duh! that's why I said Thursday. Obviously I was more polite than that, but seriously what is wrong with people? I know folk who would say it's all to do with the alignments of stars and other heavenly bodies and who knows, they may be right! Me, I have enough trouble making sense of what takes place on planet earth!

I give thanks for riding  the ups and downs of the rest of the day, including more taxis not turning up when I thought they would, or turning up when I thought they would not, a malfunctioning machine so my treatment was delayed and being in the bed next to the patient who doesn't like me using the internet...All these were offset by one of those blood flow rate tests to check if the fistula adjustment has done the trick showing that it has! Blood flow and pulse now perfectly normal. I am extremely grateful for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics