Thursday 20 June 2019

Cinquante-et-un

Aha, I give thanks I think I've sussed another quirk on human nature! I was grateful the man who wanted the free rug came to collect it today but, as I'd rather suspected he might, he wanted to come at a different time to the one originally agreed...and I got to wondering whether, if something is free, wanting it on a different day or at another time or delivered into the bargain is a way of bartering when no money is changing hands so the price can't come down. People like to think they're getting a bargain don't they?

Weary today and rather sore I give thanks for a little burst of energy I had when I came home last night. My fistula arm was keen to point out positions and actions that would hurt, and diy was definitely out, but I'd planned a naughty no fuss freezer to microwave meal so I did a bit of crafty stuff which was nice, hooking another row or so of my long neglected rag rug.


I wasn't enthusiastic about getting up to be ready for the man coming for the other rug but I did give thanks for the sunshine streaming in my kitchen window and it reminded me of the beautiful golden light I'd been grateful for yesterday evening. Most of the day has been rainy, and though I'd have preferred bright I was rather grateful for a fine excuse to spend an afternoon indoors watching tennis and occasionally working on another undemanding craft project.

I give thanks we're getting a new improved entryphone next week as today a very persistent meter reader from a different electricity wanted me to let them in on behalf of other flats. I'd been enjoying a snooze and it took me a while to get sorted to go downstairs by which time they'd gone! I give thanks I'd grabbed my mac and purse so I could pop out for a sweet treat for afternoon tea to make the effort worthwhile...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics