Monday 17 June 2019

Quarante-huit

I give thanks for being home and lying on my sofa with a mug of tea at a time when I'd have still been leaving the city in a taxi if I'd stuck to the hospital arrangements. I'm very grateful Julie had the afternoon off and had already offered to pick me up! We also somehow inadvertently went on a very scenic drive (ie got lost) on the way back, apparently going round in a circle on the prettiest narrow lanes which were luckily worth seeing twice. I give thanks we were blessed with the sight of a hare hopping along ahead of us at one point...what a treat!

It's been a long and somewhat taxing day and my arm is very sore but I give thanks the operation seems to have gone smoothly and, with a bit of luck, I don't have to do anything much apart from sleep, eat, read books and watch TV and Netflix tonight and tomorrow. I do have to try to find out where I'm meant to be and when on Wednesday as the latest texts from the taxi firm suggest a 0700 hrs pick up and a 1700 return and although I'm grateful for both treatment and transport I'm not keen to do that again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics