Monday 3 June 2019

Trente-quatre

Probably my favourite part of a day with a few was when I went into the bathroom this morning and liked the colour of the paint I'd patchily applied on some parts that I could reach. Even in this state I thought it looked much nicer than the magnolia that was there before and I was extremely grateful!

I give thanks that Rachel sent me a text at 7.30 saying she couldn't come so I had plenty of time to figure out what I could make for supper - and make it - before making lunch and otherwise preparing for my day. I give thanks for lunch being my current favourite - a pitta pocket stuffed with chopped up falafels, cucumber and red pepper in mayonnaise. For one of my favourite nurses putting me on the machine. She's one I can have a proper conversation with and we usually end up having quite a giggle too...it was a shame she pressed the button on the machine to fill me up with zombie juice during the afternoon though, elixir of life would be much better.

I was grateful I didn't see the patient who doesn't like me using the internet so I could watch some tennis on my tablet in between trying to have a snooze despite the bustle and noise and trying to finish the library book I can't renew as the website is down for maintenance...

I give thanks for trying to do a bit more painting this evening but my hands are crampy and reaching up or bending down makes me feel a little light headed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the bits I can't reach...Perhaps I'll make friends with a tall and kind person with time on their hands, or maybe, equally likely, I'll grow...Still, it's reached the stage where if it progressed no further I could still live with it quite happily until this conundrum is solved. And I'm very grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics