Friday 7 June 2019

Trente-huit

I give thanks for the person I was this morning (so happy and healthy, energetic and optimistic) though I do rather wish this other self was here to help the person I am tonight (cross eyed with fatigue and crotchety after a day of transport cock ups, traffic snarl ups and endlessly intrusive noise from other beings on the planet)

I give thanks for being home at last and with the weekend stretching before me to (I hope) recover some of the good that acupuncture and a gong bath did for me. For my home which I love. It makes such a difference when you're always the wrong shaped peg if you can have a nice little hole of your own.

I was sent to the other unit again today so I give thanks for another chance to get a bit more used to how it's going to be. For finding my idea of a good book in the hospital waiting room, though it wasn't quiet enough to concentrate on reading it much while I was there. I give thanks that other patients and staff enjoy the social life of the ward, and have people on the phone waiting to hear how their day is going and what time they'll be back.

I give thanks for having the Imitation Game to watch again. I'm just in the mood for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics