Tuesday 18 June 2019

Quarante-neuf

Oh what a grey day mostly - and I have been most grateful for it! I'm always promising myself some time when there's no appointments, treatments, deliveries, collections or anything else requiring my attention I shall do sweet nothing at all and today I pretty much achieved this. I'm grateful after a lot pain last night my arm is only very tender today, while my fistula is purring like a cat - as it should have done all along, not throbbing like a pneumatic drill! I no longer have a buzz in my armpit and neck and my heart beat feels a little slower and calmer, but my whole body is rather tired and sore so it's been most welcome to just potter about in an unmotivated way... I give thanks my wounds have been 'superglued' so no dressings and no worry about getting them wet so I was able to have a long bath with a quarter of a Ceridwen's Cauldron, a facepack and a book. I give thanks rain stopped play at Queen's so I didn't have to hurry out of that.

I give thanks after some waiting on the phone and mixed responses I am now quite convinced I know where I'm supposed to be for treatment tomorrow, though no one managed to convince me the transport is in hand as I still haven't found out what time that is going to be. Oh well! I also give thanks for managing to allegedly make some progress with the electricity supplier from hell, after a call from the charity that is supposed to be helping me deal with them to say they wouldn't accept his authority. I dread to think how much of a bill I have rung up on the expensive day time rate as I can't make use of the cheaper night time one, but if I can manage to get a reading tomorrow on the way out of the flat, be charged and somehow pay for it maybe I can get rid of both Economy 7 and the utility company that is insisting on the tariff. Of course if the DWP would pay me the money from all the months they stopped it in error life would be a bit easier but the charity chap hasn't managed to make any progress with that either. I guess you get what you pay for eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics