Wednesday 12 June 2019

Quarante-trois

I give thanks for my naivety. It means I believe more b*llocks than is wise, or comfortable when realisation I've been foolish dawns but, you know, it came to me last night people say stuff that isn't true for a reason and me assuming it is is a useful service in a way. Maybe they wanted to kid themselves as well for a while, or gain some benefit by exaggeration and embellishment, or simply enjoy (or perhaps can't help) making stuff up... Whatever the motivation you need to have a gullible person on the receiving end if that's your game, and clearly I'm continously willing and able to swallow tall tales perhaps because I'm so rubbish at telling them myself. Oh... I give thanks for my honesty too!

I give thanks for getting some sleep last night. I'm beginning to fret about the next few weeks with various appointments and surgeries, and associated pain and inconvenience... while still dealing with the pain and convenience of going to hospital for dialysis three days a week of course. That's going to be the hard part for me as my usual way of dealing with the aftermath of surgery is to hole up for a while. I must be grateful for the opportunity to improve my skills at getting washed, dressed, with tidy hair ready to face the world with false good humour when I just want to stay in bed.

I give thanks for the swings today - I managed to come in at the right weight so didn't have to have 'excess' fluid removed but transport was an all roundabout muddle with two cabs sent to pick me up from home and then the return one later than requested and then even later than they confirmed making  nearly 7 hrs round trip for 3 and a quarter treatment! I was particularly grateful that I'd not been maniacally dehydrated and better able to deal with all the waiting around. In fact I popped over to the Waitrose next door to check out if it's a good one...and yep it is, all my favourites and more!
I give thanks thanks for internet access some of the time... though not on my tablet so I couldn't watch the last part of the series I was enjoying that I'd 'saved' but sadly not downloaded. I had brought my headphones however, to enjoy it quietly without intruding on people's ears as they do mine with their televisions so I gave thanks I could listen to some soothing Imee Ooi...and after a bit the internet popped back for a half an episode.

I give thanks for the smell of dhal when I walked through the door. I was so focussed on tonight's tea of pasta I'd forgotten I made that as well for tomorrow. Made me feel well cared for even if ir qa me taking care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics