Sunday 30 June 2019

Soixante-et-un

It might sound contradictory but I was very grateful for the grey start this morning - so much better when you need a long lie in and don't want to feel you're missing out or must rush to get things done to get out there. For a relaxed evening beforehand, a bath with my waterproof long socks on, bit of Glasto on TV. ..and optimism I would sleep well although I did not!

I give thanks for being able to get up in instalments, stiff in the joints and utterly lacking in enthusiasm. For eventually making myself do a little low down painting as even one step up from floor level seemed a mountain to climb. For lots of lounging around as well, internet window shopping (I must choose a 'new' phone before this one dies but there are so many out there) and finally choosing a (really) new quilt for the spare room. It won't go the letter box, and as I might be out when it arrives I chose Click and Collect giving great thanks when I discovered my local store for this is just across the road.

I give thanks the sun stayed unreliable - out enough for the trippers and tourists but in enough often enough to put me off the effort of dressing properly enough (including my toes!) to go and look for a quietish spot to enjoy it. For more painting instead, a silly movie and more Glastonbury on catch up. Thought Stormy was very good but The Chems, oh joy, made me feel almost youngish again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics