Sunday 9 June 2019

Quarante

Got lots done in the beauty parlour today. Not really, I'm kidding you, it was the shed - though my nails, face and hair have had various substances applied in the process, and I nearly have a new chest (of drawers). I give thanks for not quite completing work on that as I abandoned it to finish concealing a sandwich effect on the edge of a jutting piece of bathroom wall where plasterboard and tiles had been attached round the corner. And when that had been filled and sanded to an acceptable degree I thought I'd stick a coat of paint on it before I packed up for the day as I'd tried out a few testers on that bit too so it really was rather unsightly. One more job I wanted to get done before my arm operation as I won't want to be wielding any tools for a while after that.

I give thanks my solitary life means slapdash catering and personal hygiene cannot offend, and the energy that might have been expended could be put to more useful use. Likewise for not going out, and thus also for missing some heavy rain and hailstorms, as well as sunny spells. For some good tennis during which to sit down and rest.

I give thanks for being in better spirits today. For pain in various body parts being manageable...and the pain in my big toes being a positive blessing as it makes me more positive about thar surgery. For catching up with 63 Up - so poignant watching my almost peers grow up and begin to grow old, and to see different ways life can be lived. I give thanks most of those featured have had long happy marriages, especially the children's home kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics