Sunday 16 June 2019

Quarante-sept

I give thanks today wasn't all about household chores, though most of the bits I was upright were! I'm hopeful a procedure to adjust a fistula will be less limiting to arm movement afterwards than creating one from scratch, but just in case this is misplaced optimism, despite lack of motivation and energy I've been trying to ensure I don't have to lift much more than a finger for a day or two after I come home. I give thanks for uninterrupted snoozy bits in between. A Facebook user had asked if they were could come today to collect what the charity shop chaps yesterday didn't...but I've not heard a word from them since so I guess they are one of those strange folk who pretend they want stuff for unfathomable reasons of their own. I give thanks the upside of this has been I could just do what I needed to do including getting lots of rest in between more energetic pursuits. For the mostly grey, windy and showery weather so I didn't have to compete with tourists and trippers for a comfy seat in the sun...

I give thanks for managing to open a new bottle of bleach by holding the bottle between my knees so I could use both hands to squeeze the top. For the Co-op wrapping it in a compostable bag. For remembering to turn the immersion heater on before my bath this evening so it should be deeper and hotter than last night's tepid puddle! For a very helpful young lady on the podiatry clinic helpline informing me I don't need to buy Limbo products from them as I had been led to believe. This meant I discovered the Limbo site with the full range of items the hospital didn't offer and could order above-the-knee protectors so I can allegedly have a bath after my feet are operated on. I got two different sizes for my two different size legs and have just discovered the skinny one will also work to protect my fistula wound in the shower before it's needed lower down and when washing my hair over the bath afterwards. I'm grateful for this, as I have enough trouble wrapping cling film round sandwiches with two hands, let alone wrapping my right arm with my just my left. Ah, I give thanks writing that has reminded me to boil an egg for one of tomorrow's sarnies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics