Friday 28 June 2019

Cinquante-neuf

I give thanks for budgeting time so I could sit in the sun with a bun before the taxi was due to arrive this lunchtime. He was so late and made such poor time that I was able to sit in the sun with my sarnies when I got tot the hospital too as no machines were free. Maybe that was why I couldn't get warm when I finally got on the ward where the staff were dashing round on a busy day with all windows open wide and fans blowing. I give thanks for layers of not very cosy but very welcome hospital blankets, and as I didn't want to push my arm out above them for just lying still when I'd finished my lunch. I could probably do with the rest, and had a nice little nap...after the tea trolley had been. I'm so grateful it was late today so I didn't miss it!

I give thanks for one of the cab drivers I can have a good chat with finally driving me home, and that there was some dinner made and just needing cooking. Ooh, and when I went into the kitchen just now to do that very thing I remembered I made jelly for afters before I went out. Vegetarian lemon with mandarins...yum yum! When I thought I might be home in time to do something useful with the evening I'd planned to do so, but maybe now I'll just watch TV and eat! I give thanks for the easterlies still blowing so the waves keep crashing in. I love that sight and sound...and smell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics