Tuesday 4 June 2019

Trente-cinq

I give thanks for technology - it's great when it works and saves you phone calls and footfall. For the hold messages on helplines I called when technology failed today didn't suggest I visited their websites! For finally managing to renew my book by taking it to the library and eventually receive delivery of surgical supplies.

I give thanks for managing to fit some stuff I wanted to do between things I was waiting for without clues as to when they would happen, For practice at exercising patience...it would have been nice perhaps to have done less of this but my hands kept cramping up so they preferred the periods of doing less... And I give thanks for some good tennis to watch in these.

I give thanks the sun came out late in the afternoon, especially for the folk in shorts and flip flops I passed sheltering under drippy awnings when I scuttled out for supplies in the rain. Brrr...I was grateful I wasn't a holiday maker then! Now of course I rather envy them strolling around but I've just heard from Clive that he is at last on his way to do some do-it-himself for me so that's certainly worth both waiting in and being grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics