Sunday 23 June 2019

Cinquante-quatre

Trains and boats and planes. They're pretty much always guaranteed to get me out of bed!  This morning I was so grateful I'd been able to turn off my inner alarm clock and not only sleep late but lie in bed even later. When I heard through my open bedroom window the steam train coming along the line however, I was quite happy to leap up and dash through to the other side of the building to watch it pass by... and equally delighted to snuggle back down under the covers later!

I give thanks for the gripping tennis yesterday, the astonishment of seeing Mr Murray playing so well and the laudable stamina of 37 year old Mr Lopez. Playing and winning three matches one after the other in an afternoon - wouldn't mind some of what he's having for breakfast! And then to go on and win both of his very challenging matches today! Honestly I was kind of rooting for the other guys in the doubles as to lose to a chap with a newly fixed hip and someone who'd been playing for hours must have been quite a disappointment

Nonetheless I give thanks for having a bit of energy myself when I finally got up, and for fitting in a bit of light diy now my arm is feeling better and before my feet get worse. For avoiding men of a certain age and disposition today, having been mansplained to within an inch of my cordiality over the last few days. The two chaps in the hardware shop who couldn't grasp I merely wished to know the price of an unmarked product and was already perfectly capable of working out unaided what it was for and how to use it were bad enough. Maybe they thought I'd been sent to buy it, and was in danger of wasting my husband's hard earned cash, but at least unlike with taxi drivers, I could give up and walk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics