Tuesday 11 June 2019

Quarante-deux

Ouch! I've done too much much too old, it's damp and cold and my joints have been sorely complaining... I give thanks I didn't have to be anywhere today, and though there were places I'd have liked to have been of course, first choice was under the duvet so that was easily achieved! Unfortunately when I poke my head out above the quilt, or pop to the kitchen for refreshments, I soon come across chores that need doing and so eventually had to get up and see to these, but I'm grateful for the jobs that got done especially for some more sorting out in my bedroom so duvet days are more successful in future. Oh and for my hands going into spasm in the late afternoon so I could prop my tablet up on some cushions on the sofa beside me, curl up and watch some silly but entertaining stuff on Netflix.

I give thanks for being forewarned that I'm at the other unit the next few dialysis days as the other two times I've been there I weighed precisely a kilo more on their scales than the ones on the ward (and precisely a kilo less on my return!) As no one seems the least interested in this anomaly
I know they will try to strip my body of excess fluid that is not there and I will come home feeling like death so am trying to eat a sparrow diet to stay as light as I can. Feeling pretty grim about the injustice and inefficiency of this (to say nothing of missing my food!) I give thanks for remembering as I have to go back the day after tomorrow to see the consultant maybe she'll listen and be amenable to making treatment less of a torture in future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics