Monday 10 June 2019

Quarante-et-un

Stormy weather has its upside. Last night I gave thanks for looking out of the window when the clouds parted to reveal a (well) washed blue sky reflected in the brook outside so that it matched the sea. Oh and for a but of thunder and lightning on the way home today¬

I give thanks for sleeping well, this is always a bonus! I could have slept later, but with the weather report for tomorrow morning being even wetter than today I thought I'd better go out and do a couple of things and save myself a soaking. I give thanks there's a shopping map for the town, as there are businesses in places you might not know about, but oh I wish there was a timetable too as I managed to go to another shut shop today, and up a hill too! I give thanks I did get a new iron though, which I'm cautiously optimistic may perform better than the one I had before, and not merely char any fabric it goes near. I can't manage a heavy one, and this is lightweight, and bright pink, but so far that is all I can tell you.

I give thanks for reassembling my made over chest of drawers, and being absolutely delighted with how it has turned out. For finding a roll of wrapping paper to line the drawers in my morning travels as though I had odds and ends of paint in all the colours I wanted (including silver for the knobs) the roll of paper I'd lined the other drawers with turned out to have run out.

I give thanks by restricting my food intake over the weekend I managed to persuade the member of staff putting me on the machine today not to attempt to remove excess fluid that isn't there. Also that I have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday when maybe we can come up with a better way to estimate what needs to be done. I feel so much better after treatment when I've not been mercilessly dehydrated, and I give thanks for just being a bit tired and sore this evening, not utterly wiped out. I give thanks for eating lots of food too...because if I lose too much body weight they just lower the 'dry weight' target again, and I'll have to starve myself even more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics