Saturday 8 June 2019

Trente-neuf

I give thanks for co-incidence and synchronicity. As the credits rolled up at the end of last night's film I realised I'd had the urge to watch it on the anniversary of Alan Turing's death, and then this morning that it was also the anniversary of the day I started keeping my blog... I am so grateful finding gratitude has become a habit!

I give thanks for drifting quickly off to sleep last night for a couple of blissful hours to see me through a bunch of far from blissful ones after. And that I didn't have to get up early for anything after waking up late the second time. On the other hand I give thanks there were things I did have to do or I'd have stayed there most of the day feeling miserable and blue...and though I didn't feel any more cheerful for making myself move at least I didn't feel even more of a failure than I did anyway.

I give thanks I didn't know the shop I needed to go to closed at lunchtime otherwise I'd have known I'd missed it and missed a walk. In fact I'd probably have missed it anyway as they seemed to have shut earlier than the time on the door. Ah, it's always good to have another lesson about assumptions eh?

I give thanks for a nap on the sofa, for a Tesco driver cheerfully carrying my order upstairs and into the kitchen. For making some inroads into the to do list if not quite getting to ticking stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics