Tuesday 29 October 2013

Big softie

Brrr, it's a bit nippy tonight...maybe I should leave my hat on? I give lots of thanks for my hat!
Mostly all I’ve wanted to do in waking hours the last few days is sit on the sofa and knit, so I’ve been very grateful for all the time that attending to other tasks and my general feebleness have permitted this. It's been an unusual project for me being neither very small and quick, nor large and complicated, using just one yarn and actually pretty much following a pattern for once, though as I was using different size needles for a looser tension I had to knock off a few stitches and rows here and there. I’m grateful for finding a pattern I liked as it’s because I often don’t that I often end up making them up! Much gratitude for finding the lovely soft woolly cottony acrylicy mix with thicky thinny bits and variegated shades too as it's is pretty much my favourite sort of thing to knit with and whenever I get my hands on some they just won’t keep still…thanks too for all the memories of all the garments I’ve knitted over the years with different versions of this!
I've also finished sewing the skirt I was making - the brown needlecord one with the ribbon on the bottom - so have been grateful for a sense of achievement and productivity even though I've not been vigorous or active at all. I didn't even make it to choir last night and gave thanks that no one gave me a hard time over that...not even me! I am grateful I made it downstairs and back to check the post today though because a) someone had had a bit of a clear up and there wasn't quite so much debris everywhere and b) there was a letter from Kostas. He has problems with mail going astray too so it's always a bonus when our communications travel too and fro unhindered.
I give thanks that someone in a Tesco factory started making my tea because I did some chopping at lunchtime and that seems quite enough to me! I'd better go and finish it off though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics