Saturday 5 October 2013

Stitch and bitch

Last night I gave thanks that I'd chosen to sleep in the living room rather than the bedroom as a late night slanging match broke out between a drunk in the gardens and junkies without junk upstairs and, though everyone in the vicinity could hear pretty much everything that was said, it was preferable to be out of the direct line of verbal fire. And I'm grateful it was just verbal fire, as one of the bones of contention was the waste and rubbish hurled around by the top flat tenants who seem to think if they shout at anyone who asks them not to it doesn't really happen. Stigma of the dump perhaps? Refusing to acknowledge responsibility? That reminds me I give thanks for Dave Lamb and Alex Vane, or whoever writes their scripts if it's not them...pundamentally perfect!

I've been grateful for the warm and sunny weather, and that patchy cloud built up in the afternoon so that I didn't feel too miserable about being too tired to go out. I'm grateful for remembering I took some photos from the bus yesterday and that (despite being a bit blurry as you might expect through glass on a moving vehicle) I captured one of my favourite local views. I'm grateful for getting some bits of this and that done between the bits of nothing at all, including a bit of sewing that isn't hard in itself but has many opportunities to go awry, and that it only went awry a little bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics