Tuesday 8 October 2013

Nothing ventured

I've given thanks for nothing today. I don't mean I've not been grateful, but I've been grateful for a very quiet inactive day passed mainly in a fog of exhaustion. I've been grateful the neighbourhood's been pretty quiet too and that the sun came out but went back in...

Getting out and about two days in a row is always a bit of a challenge so I've been very grateful there's not been much needs doing around the place here, and I could snoozily enjoy memories of such pleasant challenges to rise to before. I've also given thanks I've finished a couple more mini stockings, which it seemed very odd to be knitting yesterday - twenty four hours after eating ice cream on the beach. Christmas and summer don't usually collide like that in this hemisphere. I've been grateful for Mr Tesco for doing so much catering in the last few hours too!

Oh and I remembered this from yesterday afternoon in town on the way to the taxi rank - a Greenpeace sign you up person approached me and I said what I usually do ie. that I've had to stop people on the street for work myself so I knew what it was like but sorry, I didn't want to commit myself to a regular bankly deduction. Then I crossed the road and another Greenpeace person approached. She could see the 'you're having a laugh' expression forming on my face so she quickly explained she knew her colleague had tried her luck on the other side and she just wanted to know where I'd got my bag from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics