Thursday 17 October 2013

Quite contrary

Last night I watched a Rudetube compilation of 'web stars' and give especial thanks for the dancers who danced like no one was watching even though they knew that people were! The mixed crowd in the New York park and the six year old b-girl I had to rewind and watch again...as well as the flailing but accurate drummer who came top of the league. Isn't there something unspeakably moving about people moving together...even if they're all dancing in a completely different way? When I used to go to gigs I used to enjoy being part of the communal energy of the dancers as much as listening to the music that made us! Of course making music together pretty damn amazing too...with instruments or voices or both. Once in a while we humans actually get it right...for which I'm truly grateful!

I give thanks for a gloriously warm and sunny day...part of the master plan as I really wanted to use my legs a little, and as my appetite is still off and on I thought that if I took a snack to the cafe and got a takeaway tea I would eat the snack looking at the sea without really realising! It worked, and I give thanks for the gloriously warm and sunny people I met as well, all keen to chat about our meteorological good fortune. I took a few photos but haven't uploaded them yet so this is a 'library picture'. It looked much the same today only the tide was in and the clouds were in a different place!


I give thanks for sight of a teenage girl collecting cockle shells and lining metres of them up on the flat concrete ledge at the base of the sea wall, for a great chat and acupuncture session and a gift of that basil tofu from Rachel. It creates states tofu normally doesn't...such as desire to eat it!

I give thanks that the last of my stew is heating up and my work here is done for another day as I feel so dozy if I don't eat it soon I may fall asleep with my head in the bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics