Saturday 26 October 2013

Logging on

Most of the last twenty four hours I've been semi horizontal so I give thanks for all the cooking and cleaning yesterday (yes, even the washing up!) that helped make this feasible and easy.

I give thanks for my compile-your-own TV library and some fascinating oblong entertainment including a documentary on Spencer Tunick's early work which I have admired for years. I'd love to see a newer one as it seems he's been photographing people in colour in Europe which seems all wrong somehow but I'd be prepared to give it a go... I give thanks that his name is made up of two garments anyway - that always seems strangely right!

The bit where I was most not horizontal was something to be most grateful for...accompanying Laura and Chumba on a short walk in the woods. I gave thanks being out in a bit of wind and rain as well as some sunshine. For some splashy puddles and squelchy mud, and particularly visiting a log pile I'd merely heard of before where there many kinds of shapes and sizes of wood - huge half trunks and cone laden branches and everything in between in piles, and heaps and stacks some on end, some lengthways, fragrant with resin, rich in texture, and in some cases personality...


I give thanks that my work here is done and I can go back to doing very little but listening to the weather and finishing the stew and crumble. Much gratitude for how exceedingly tasty they turned out to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics