Thursday 3 October 2013

Thanks for the memories

I'm really grateful that after a bright start the wind and the rain became quite ferocious again as, although I kept telling myself I wanted to go on a bus ride to a wool shop and a fabric shop before acupuncture, actually all I really wanted was to be home with the materials, so I was happy to have a reason to give up on that plan.

I give thanks for the low cloud hanging onto the hillside behind the terrace as it creates the impression there might be a mountain up there and I'm partial to the view of a mountain so I like to pretend there's one behind the fog!

That brief feeling of feeling OK yesterday was all gone by bedtime but I was grateful for a) the memory and b) the reminder that it is possible to feel more well than I do lately, and it's possible to do more when I do...

I was also grateful when I couldn't get a taxi at the time I wanted to as what energy I do have became suddenly suitably focused and I abandoned the intention to shower and wash my hair because I was about to get soaked anyway and quickly through together some tea for later instead...

And I gave thanks that it didn't rain all the time that I was out...in fact for a while at the end the sun came out so I dried off a little before I came home and everyone smiled a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics