Sunday 20 October 2013

Short sift

I'm grateful I got up quite early (for me) today as this meant I had time for a morning nap! It did go on well past lunchtime though and, if I'd let it, would have continued most of the afternoon. The trick since has been to stay awake til bedtime and I've tried everything I can think of - opening the windows, clapping, singing, laughing, doing tasks I'd like to do rather than what should be done and I give thanks that I'm getting there as it's been a considerable challenge...every time I blink my eyelids are just little bit harder to raise!

Never mind, in the times when I gave up trying to sit up I discovered Twisted Sifter - a mine of fascinating information such as
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/maps-that-will-help-you-make-sense-of-the-world/
examples of unusual artwork like
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/10/artistic-mom-turns-meals-into-masterpieces/
and classic 'Oh wow!' images http://twistedsifter.com/2013/03/most-perfectly-timed-photos-ever/
Lots and lots of gratitude for all of that.

Thanks too for Luke Friend singing 'on the back beach' on X Factor. No, I didn't watch the programme but I heard about the set and had to find it on YouTube. If you've been here you'll know...

the sound of wind and rain and pounding surf when you're snug indoors...

and low wispy cloud diffusing the bright moonlight last night so everything was lit with a dusky beigey colour rather than a moony blue one... Not sure if that makes any sense to you but it did to me at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics