Tuesday 15 October 2013

Making it up as you go around

I give thanks for a slight return of appetite. There's some improvement to be made yet but, although, I've not actually weighed myself (for several years), I reckon I could probably lose a pound of flesh or two before blowing away in the breeze...

I give thanks for the bright and sunny afternoon allowing the south facing windows to be opened a while...and gratitude too for thus hearing Happy Birthday being sung to someone nearby.

I give thanks for a big think about some situations that have been somewhat stressing me the last few months and remembering that when someone does or says things that make you cross or upset, then the person to blame... is you! How could I forget this? Duh!

I give thanks for the witty (and often true) quips of Germaine Greer, discovered on line during 'choir homework' ie. listening to some downloads of the songs based on women's interviews. I've always had a deep aversion to suggestions that start 'You ought to...' and descriptive nouns that end in '-ist' so I'd not had the pleasure of these before.

I give thanks for having some fun with doily art (sorry, couldn't resist!) over the last few days. You just make a magic ring and make it up as you go around. Check out the ghetto 'soft grip' on the crochet hook too...made from some draft excluder and masking tape. Inspiration may appear in all manner of designs...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics