Wednesday 30 October 2013

Dark and light

Earlier this week I was happy to read that more 'new' creatures had been found. I give thanks for these reports on many levels but mostly all of them come back to the fact that, despite our efforts to understand the world by counting and categorising things, there's always far more we don't know than that we know we don't! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10408499/Scientists-discover-new-species-in-Lost-World-in-Australia.html

Talking of Australia, I dedicate the wondrousness of all there is to yet be known to Juanita who is no longer here to talk to about such things with me. You can make friendships for life in a cancer chat room but that doesn't mean they'll last for long. I'm grateful I 'met' you and I won't forget you, all love to those with a hole in their lives where you were...

Last night I was grateful that I got up to open the window a crack, as if I hadn't I wouldn't have seen all the bright stars between the clouds. So bright I could see them without my specs on...though I reached for them in order to see them better anyway! I'm grateful for the dark sky above the unstreetlit sea...

At lunchtime I have thanks for a lift down town and thus the opportunity to go and do some necessary things with a tad less effort than usual.

I gave thanks for my bus pass, I gave thanks for my legs
For getting some bread and getting some eggs...
I gave thanks for sun gold filling shopkeepers' coffers
And chocolate still being on Smith's special offers!
For the sight of bright smiles and sea and the coast
And good natured people...they please me the most.
I gave thanks for dozing the pm away
With Catfish and crumpets and lots of Earl Grey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics