Saturday 19 October 2013

Social media

Hard work staying awake today...so I'm grateful for the bits I did and the bits I didn't too!

I'm grateful that via Facebook requests for assistance both Bob and I have been able to be helpful in practical matters today, sharing what we have with people we know that hadn't...

I'm grateful the cab driver knew where I was going last night as it wasn't the kind of evening to enjoy an explore or wander around. And I'm grateful tea and cake was involved even though I was at a film society - very civilised! My appetite is still a very feeble affair but it's amazing how a slice of tangy lemon cake can disappear when you're having a natter!

I'm grateful my new boots were comfy and practical and, I like to think, looked rather funky too! I loved my boots before we met, it happens that way sometimes...and sometimes the course of footwear true love is as bumpy as that of the human sort. I'd been searching for them in all kinds of places for many months...ebay, Office shoes, Clarks, Shoezone, Matalan, Moshulu...and more, but the only place they seemed to exist was in my imagination. Then one very rainy day when I could see very little I caught a glimpse of them in a very unlikely shop window and thought they must be just for display. I couldn't find them inside the shop which seemed to confirm it but I asked and was told to look in the children's section. And there they were...but not in my size. The helpful staff assured me they had had bigger ones and checked on their computer to see if they could get more in...and they couldn't, not even from another store. I asked if I could order them online myself and they said probably not as they seemed to be out of stock but I could try.

So I did, and they showed as in stock and I went all through the order process but I couldn't get the delivery details to go in. So I rang up and spoke to a customer services agent who couldn't either. She kept trying and I kept waiting...and then finally it all seemed to go through and she said I'd get a confirmation email and I hung up. A couple of days I read the email that had come through and it was actually one of those automated ones that say 'you left something in your basket' not 'thank you for your order'. No sign of confirmation of anything and nothing had gone out of my card account either. So I rang the company again and was assured all was in hand and soon they turned up...but after all the struggle to get them I was almost scared to go through the Cinderella moment in case looks were deceptive and they weren't the boots of my dreams after all...but they were! Would you like to see them or are you bored with the whole thing now? If you are, look away because I'm going to show you anyway! Mmmm...


1 comment:

  1. Lol! I love the story of how you got your boots! I have an image of funky purple boots that i know I just need...they are actually not a figment of my imagination unfortunately! I have actually seen them and they are wicked expensive so I think they may have to live in my imagination for some time! However! i am happy that you have your happy loveley boots and I do have a rather fun pair of smiley face shoes! So i think all is right with the world ^_^ xox

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics