Wednesday 16 October 2013

In a stew

Even though the moon's not full yet it's been very bright in the deepening blue of the evening sky, and silvering the sea after dark...so I've been giving thanks for that!

I give thanks for making some 'plain stew' for my tea last night. It's very restorative so a sort of vegetarian version of chicken soup maybe, though I eat it when I'm well as well! It's basically just potato and onion and carrot and leek, some herbs and pepper and some vegetable stock (vegetable cooking water not cubes or granules). If I have celery and/or parsnip I add those, maybe a little tomato puree...so yes, very plain though when it's not part of a 'light diet' there might be quorn or beans or dumplings or lashings of cheese. But on it's own with a chunk of buttered bread is very good too...

I also had one of my random cramp attacks in the evening. They are painful but kind of funny too especially when they break out in different parts of my body and cause a strange kind of dance and lots of squawking! Yesterday my left hand and right leg were affected at the same time...which made me rather grateful I don't drive a car!

Remember what I was remembering in my last post - about when I'm cross or upset it's my own fault? ('Remember?' shouted Outraged of Tunbridge Wells 'How could I forget this ludicrous idea you're foisting on the nation?) Well, later it dawned on me that when other people are up in arms or on my case it must be their fault too. That was a bit of an epiphany for which I gave much gratitude. No, actually scrub that...this was a major epiphany for which I am still giving gratitude! I have honestly spent most of my life believing that when I'm not happy about something someone else has said and done I must try harder...and when someone else isn't happy with what I've said and done I must try harder. I mean obviously it would help existence if everyone tried harder in lots of ways but we can only sort ourselves out not other people...

Anyway, I think I've thought of something I'd like for tea today and I've made it and I'm grateful for that...so I'm off to prove the pudding...

1 comment:

  1. yes I have a person who believes that everything is your own fault, illness ,problems etc now sometimes this maybe true and if I,m to blame I sort it in my head and think oh yes !!!but other times its not my bloomin fault and I,m not taking the blame for the whole wide bloomin world no ,so yes sometimes we have to stop thinking its our fault so there,whoever told me that ,yes Gabi your right !!!!!!!!: ) thankyou for reminding me : )x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics