Friday 18 October 2013

It doesn't matter

Well, the summery weather of yesterday seems but a dream now but I'm grateful for that as walking down the hill again would have been out of the question today! I give thanks for a bit more domestic chore catch up and a bit of a meditate/snooze in the afternoon...all necessary to my wellbeing..

I was reading about about the inside of atoms earlier, which is something I like to do on a regular basis to remind myself that all the things we think matter are mostly nothing at all! I'm grateful for the peaceful feeling this gives me...

Gratitude too that I reckon I've knitted enough mini stockings and can move on to other things...like sewing them up and finishing making the display box I've started creating I guess! And that I've not enough braid left to trim the sleeves of the dress I'm making so that the sleeves will be easier to do, and it might get finished sooner. 

I give thanks that I've said I'll go out this evening as, though nice people and a nice way to spend a couple of hours, little appeals less right now, especially as it's raining buckets. Oh well, an opportunity to put my new boots through their paces. I give thanks for my new boots...

Oh and that reminds me: I forgot to say I gave thanks that some people understood what I was talking about the day before. Practising compassion and empathy is always to be commended, putting yourself in another's shoes and trying out a step or two if not the extra mile...but unless you've just literally trodden on their toes don't believe them if they tell you it's your fault their feet are hurting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics