Monday 14 October 2013

Tangled web

First gratitude of the day goes to being up (if not yet dressed) in the morning (just!). And also for just washing my hair which has been bedheading nicely over the last few days…if you like that kind of thing!

I’m grateful I booked a cab last week to take me to the library for the craft group as I’ve a parcel to go to the parcel pick up place nearby and, though I’m still very weak and wan, sitting knitting in a warm place while someone brings you a cup of tea sounds better than being at home! Besides, it’s so easy when you’re not feeling very well to sit about thinking about how not very well you feel – a tremendous waste of however well you might be!
Do you remember the jumper I knitted at the beginning of the year with chevron stripes of different toning yarns? Well, I want to make another along similar lines and have collected six or seven different yarns that blend nicely. Some were odds and ends I had lying around but I discovered today looking for more of the four new ones I bought the other day…that they are all actually discontinued. I bought them in two different shops and staff in neither of them mentioned this crucial fact. Perhaps they didn’t know? So I’m particularly grateful that I haven’t started this project yet! As I can’t imagine when I’ll be going to the wool shops again, and they might not have any more of what I bought before, I’ve been tracking down what I can on line…and it seems I’d have to buy them from four different suppliers thus racking up hefty postage charges. Oh well, what will be will be… it may turn out to be a garment of many many colours!


I give thanks I wrote the above before I went out and that I said I’d not go to choir tonight as I think when my tea’s gone down I’ll be winding down for the day. It was only a little tea so it shouldn’t take long, and I didn’t get too wound up so hopefully that shouldn’t take long either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics