Sunday 6 October 2013

The point of view

A change isn't always as good as a rest...and it was definitely a rest that I needed today, but the weather was so frabjously gorgeous I just couldn't stand to stay indoors, so I was grateful I didn't listen to common sense or my aches and pains. Besides it was Mr and Mrs Eastcliff's ruby wedding anniversary and it would have been rude not to go and buy an ice-cream from them! I give thanks that they'd put a selection of photos of themselves and family from over the years on a board outside the cafe for the entertainment of the customers...really rather moving too...

I give thanks for the stunning views around here, that give the spirit pleasure even when the body complains...and for the little miracle that is a little digital camera so that you can snap away until you capture something that captures the feeling of the day. I#m grateful for the other things you cannot capture too (well, not unless you film strangers which would be odd if not actually illegal!), like two generations of menfolk setting up makeshift cricket stumps and playing a few balls before abandoning the game as their young spaniel kept fielding the ball, but refusing to bring it back.


Gratitude also for taking off my shoes and going for a paddle, that fatigue drove me home before my unoiled skin got burnt and that I'd not put the washing on before I left as I managed to pour almost as much refreshment down my clothes as down my throat! I give thanks that I'd nothing scheduled for when I got back apart from putting the washing on, putting the dinner on and writing my blog because apart from these things I've mostly been asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics