Sunday 27 October 2013

Clocking off

So what did you do with your extra hour? Technically it happens when many of us are asleep but every year about this time I tediously remind people of a party I had on clock change night a long time ago when at two am we adjusted all the clocks and watches to one and celebrated one more hour of fun. I’m grateful I can remember what it was like to be well and befriended and dancing!
Nowadays sometimes I have to overhear other people having fun, or worse still having a loud and miserable time and I give thanks for the delights of Dreamgirls. No, I’ve not changed my persuasion; they are a sort of noise reducing earplug that actually fit my ears and thus reduce noise. I only recently discovered that there are many more sorts of earplugs than you would imagine from a trip to a small town chemist, made in many different shapes and materials, and that it’s worth keeping trying if you’ve not found the right ones for your ears as yet as here are even more sorts of those! I was very grateful to a company called Snorestore that supplies variety packs so you can sample a few, a bit pricey but money well spent if you find your dream plugs can then bulk buy them more cheaply elsewhere.
I’m grateful I was as bright as a Vettel this morning and got a few chores done though somehow I lost most of the afternoon to an extended nap and didn’t get the sewing I’d hoped to finish quite done before daylight and energy deserted me. Did get the braid on the hem though and I give thanks for that...
I'm grateful for hash browns and a freezer to keep them in so I don't have to eat them all at once...though I'd give it my best shot if I had to I'm sure! I'm grateful I've conceded defeat to technology today. I've had to copy and paste this from elsewhere and I know that means it will come out looking weird but I'm clocking off now and I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics