Tuesday 1 July 2014

Back to front

Mmm...I give thanks for the cool greyness this morning. All that sunshine yesterday led to far too much wandering about and much creaking and groaning today. I give thanks for the east wind blowing the leaves in a different direction so I get a different view, and for socks to warm my chilly feet. I give thanks for the wafts of blossom scent from a garden below, and a waft of some warbling bird's morning call I didn't recognise but which was remarkable, not only because it managed to get a song in edgeways between the loud mouthed crows and pigeons and gulls, but also because it sounded rather like a curlew. Curlews! There I go again, eyes filling up with memories of winding down from magnificent mountain tramps (and squinting up into the sun to spot the trilling lark!) An earful of hiraeth if ever there was one is a curlew's call...But, even though there's been a bit of rain recently and the grass needs cutting, one would have to be pretty confused to land in the shrubbery here. Though we did have a blundering pheasant once...Must have been a blackbird with a sore throat I reckon.

I give thanks for all my immediate neighbours being out at the same time so I could have a good old sing myself!

I'm grateful for another page of pre-legal paperwork done pertaining to the outstanding repairs. On the other hand, also for a Tesco delivery driver realising he didn't have to phone and wait outside a broken door for me to come down and let him in. He was also grateful I only had a small order today as his van was blocked by scaffolding truck further and he had to carry the boxes up the terrace...

And I'm grateful for a bit more knitting and crochet completed...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics