Friday 25 July 2014

That's entertainment!

My 'to do' list for today was pretty unrealistic, let alone the 'would like to' one, but actually I'm quite grateful for that as a realistic agenda might look a bit short and sad. I give thanks for entertaining all sorts of ideas of activities I might join in locally and domestic ambitions achieved because I like the idea that I still envisage myself as capable, even when I prove not to be. I'm sure it helps slow the shrinking of comfort zones, something that's rather important to me.

I give thanks for taking pleasure in cleaning the brown off the inside of mugs from tea, and from inside the bin cupboard door where tea bags have missed it. I give thanks for photos on Facebook of dolphins in the Bay here and orca in the Biscay one and for remembering the sandeel seller sunbathing on the back beach the other day lying back on a square crab trap with his yellow wellies on. It would have made a great photo but I think it's rude to snap people unawares for the purposes of entertainment...

I give thanks for having a few minutes' play at revamping a dress bought in a cheapy shop in a pretty fabric and horribly frumpy style, but most of all for getting down to the hard work of changing my old router for a second hand experimental replacement. I reckoned it was worth throwing a fiver plus p&p at a long standing internet problem I feared needed far more spent on it than that. Technically it wasn't hard work of course, but physically moving furniture and grovelling on my knees to squeeze in and get at the sockets, plus all the wrist wrenching knuckle grinding handling of plugs and wires was very much so. The effort proved worth every ouch though, as it was every penny, and I'm exceedingly grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics