Tuesday 29 July 2014

Thank you for the day

I was a bit of a weepy wimp in bed late last night but I found myself remembering all the laughter there'd been in the day and gave thanks for all the semi strangers who'd shared it with me. I give thanks for Jenny for reminding me of the nugget of yin in yang and vice versa, so that in the midst of any emotion there is always a little of its counterpart, and for Trish reminding me many hours of treatment means many books to read!

I give thanks for today being too hot not to go out for a while in between deliveries of essential medical supplies and a non-essential but nonetheless very welcome new toaster which a) matches my kettle and b) presumably has some kind of thermostatic control. The marks by the knob on my old one wiped off years ago and recently I've found no matter where you turn it it only does burnt! I've already been giving lots of thanks for the kettle which looks great and is easy to fill and empty even when my hands are being difficult, so I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow and finding the toaster just as good. 

I give thanks for a much needed nap this afternoon...

I give thanks for lace trimmed cropped leggings to pull on under a dress to combat summer evening chill, and for the just right plain grey cardigan I bought in New Look a while ago, that's waiting to have the buttons changed but which keeps getting worn in the meantime. It was only the proximity of New Look to the Citizens' Advice Bureau that made me look for something so unlikely to be found there so retrospective gratitude for finding it too...

I give thanks for pre cooked rice in a pouch. Years ago I used to cook rice perfectly in a handmade earthenware casserole in an ancient oil fired Rayburn but it's been downhill all the way since then...until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics