Wednesday 9 July 2014

Hasta la vista

I was grateful for the effects of avoiding steps and stairs as much as possible yesterday ie. not having to share my dreams with joint pain. I'm grateful for the cunning way my mind incorporates it into the story line line rather than waking me up, of course, but it still does limit the story line! I was grateful for a lovely sleep before I got into bed with a quick stroll to see the moon shining a pathway on the sea between that and actually settling in  and early this morning another one just to check we weren't surrounded my cetaceans (we weren't). That's one of the reasons a trip like this suits me so well... It's all so accessible and you can just pop your coat on over your nightie and no one will know!

I give thanks for all the folk working behind the scenes to keep the ship ship shape in all the ways we hardly even realise we expect - there's been a chap down a hatch most of the day,  this morning with spanners and hammers and so on, and this afternoon he was welding! We weren't noticeably taking in water but sunshine in whatever fullnesses sunshine comes in, so that it's been like a day at the beach without sand and gulls or a day round the pool only with everyone facing out not in. I'm grateful for the changing mix of folk passing through each day, just travelling together for a brief passage and for glimpsing this time in their lives.

I give thanks for being in beautiful Santander again, finding some new spots to appreciate and wishing, as usual, I could stay a little longer.  It's rather sad to be on the last leg of my curious journey now but I've greatly enjoyed the first three and, if I'm still as mobile next year (and still without a mobile home and chauffeur!) I'd be happy to do it all again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics