Friday 18 July 2014

Beswitched

Yay, I managed to change the bathroom light bulb at the first attempt! It involves a tall ladder, an uneven floor, a fiddly fitting, fumbly hands and wobbly legs and it's very rare for all parts to be co-operative at once...

I give thanks you can still buy old fashioned recklessly energy wasting light bulbs.  I'm all for being green in as many ways as possible but there are one or two places in a home you need strong lighting as soon as you flick a switch not a few minutes later and for me, a bathroom's one of them!

I'm grateful that my new TV is 'A' rated for energy efficiency (see - I told you so!) and for for the delightfully old fashioned level of service from HBH Woolacotts. They're so good they even get a name drop...If you live in Devon or Cornwall, need a new appliance and don't have someone both strong and technically capable at your unpaid beck and call, give them one instead! I'm also grateful for the quality of the product as well, you understand, good sound, awesome picture and so light in weight and manoeuvrable (yes - I looked up the spelling, and yes - it does look wrong!) but though the screen's the same size as the old one the surround's much smaller and I'm going to have to store a lot less untidiness behind it in future...

I give thanks for a bit of a bond with the delivery driver/installer too as, being the better sort of player, he spotted my forty three year old guitar on the wall and wanted to know more. I don't mind so much only being able to 'play anything you like as long as it's all in C' if I can say it to someone and they know what I mean... And I give thanks that just after writing that I saw Bob share a picture on Facebook of a poster for the Tramlines festival with his name on. It's a big line up and covers lots of venues but to see his name on the same poster as Sister Sledge has made me all emotional. We ARE family you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics