Tuesday 22 July 2014

Tea and toast

I'm grateful I went to choir last night. When everything you do is physically challenging it's important, I believe, to same some of whatever little oomph you have for some challenges that bring psychological benefit. Much gratitude as ever for the privilege of singing in harmony with a bunch of rather harmonious folk...for being outdoors within sight of the sea on a balmy summer's evening, and for the sound of a young band practising in the club above the loos in the carpark just a few yards away from where we are in the summer house. I love knowing that other groups of like minded souls are getting together to make the music they've a mind to...

I started today fit only for tea and toast and lying reading in bed, so I'm grateful I had tea and milk and bread and a bed and a book! I also got round to ordering a new kettle and toaster both having been on the 'things to replace before they get any worse' list for many months. The kettle's already blown a fuse in the plug and I'm beginning to worry that it might blow me up too, but you know, getting a new one is one of those tasks you only remember you wish you'd already done at completely the wrong moment to do it, so I'm grateful they're on their way at last. And during the search for appropriate items I came across a small travel kettle in a sale (something I only remember I'd like to have when I'm somewhere I'd like to use it!) so much gratitude for that as well.

This afternoon I've been grateful I twigged that if I put some leftovers in a plastic box, and my book and a towel in a rucksack I could get a cab and go and toast myself lying down reading on the back beach. Ah, the joys of living somewhere there are several sandy options and at least one is rarely taken by tourists at all!


I'm grateful for almost finishing a little 'tea dress' from a couple of metres of £2.99 fabric from ebay. It was listed as 'cotton lorne' but I didn't let the spelling mistake rankle me enough not to snap up such a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics