Monday 14 July 2014

Writing on the wall

Phew! I'm grateful I'm home, though a little disappointed I appear to have run out of steam to go to choir. Never mind, it's only half singing and half AGM tonight. I'm grateful to my body for telling me what to do - I'd intended just to slip out of my tidy trousers before having a little pre-dinner lie down and I seem to have inadvertently slipped into nightie and dressing gown!

I'm grateful to Bev for her assistance this afternoon, and her reassurance. When you're trying to make sense of difficult situations on your own it's helpful sometimes to have someone to double check the location of both the wood and the trees. I am now armed with the ammunition for the first part of legal proceedings which will hopefully, eventually, change my life for the better and have earmarked tomorrow for another assault on documentation. Fighting talk indeed, ha ha! I'm grateful the writing's on the wall though not as stunningly as in that Spanish city I may have mentioned I visited not long ago :-)


I'm grateful for the air of relief and optimism that must have been emanating from me afterwards as there seemed to be shared smiles and chuckles and conversations wherever I went. Much thanks to the lovely folk at the bus stops and on the buses, and in the shops and cafes. For seeing the horses and jockeys parading in the paddock before the next race as we passed the course, and a shopkeeper catching up with a customer who'd left something behind. For the grey light on the estuary, and the mirrory mud with the tide far out, for a bank of buddleia and a buttercup lawn. For a group of young schoolboys bonding around the scooters a couple of them had and an even smaller one feeding stamped envelopes into a postbox while his owner waited beside him a car...

Oh and I'm grateful I've decided that when I've posted this I'm going to order that TV...life without the box AND the chocolate is just too stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics