Saturday 12 July 2014

Staying connected

Today I've been a lot more un- than grateful I'm ashamed to say, so I give thanks as ever at times like this for the commitment I've made to going beyond the grumbles...

I'm grateful I have somewhere to live, that I have food to eat and light and heat, running water, a bath and a loo.  I give thanks for furniture and furnishings, equipment, utensils and supplies, for books to read and clothes to wear.

I give thanks that I can walk, and talk and write, that I can make myself understood.

I give thanks for joss sticks to cover up unpleasant neighbourhood smells, and headphones to cut down unpleasant noise.

I give thanks for pretty music wafting up from some festivities in town, for not quite burning my tea and for making some old glassware sparkle again with vinegar and baking soda.

I give thanks that my internet works most of the time and during one of those times I bought a different newer hub from ebay to try to see if it will work better. I'm grateful for various catch up TV services and a tablet that let's me  watch some of them lying down. And that the connection is better in the bedroom at the moment so that quite soon I might just go back to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics