Thursday 24 July 2014

Walking on eggshell

I was very grateful for a cloudy start to the day as I took a long time to get started myself and there were a few things to be done indoors before I could leave - including lot of rest in between each task. There's a reason I don't go out every day, unless I'm away from home and everything else is being done for me, and it becomes very clear if I break that rule why I try not to... I gave thanks that one of the tasks was arranging somewhere to stay as I've the chance of a lift up northish for a couple of days

I'm grateful I know not to put on what I plan to wear for the day until I've eaten my breakfast or I'll end up wearing my breakfast! There's a reason I tend to choose prints - it's not just because I like the patterns and colours, the camouflage is handy too.

I'm grateful the duck egg blue of my new bathroom mats matches the walls in there so well and the green of my new kettle matches the kitchen worktops. I'm grateful for hastily rustling up some blueberry buns to share with Rachel even though I forgot to take them with me! And for the gift of some 'recycled' flowers...


I'm grateful for watching some of the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. I'm always up for a bit of collective effervescence, even via a TV, and it was particularly nice to hear two of my all time favourite tunes 'Bonnie banks of Loch Lomond' and Movin' On Up. They're not often on the same playlist for some reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics