Sunday 13 July 2014

Savouring grace

This morning it was really hard to motivating myself to get out of bed, so I was very grateful when I remembered I'd promised myself a peach. Fresh fruit is rationed now but the good thing about this is that you learn not to gobble the goodies but to savour each mouthful as long as you can. Similarly, the people who used to be surprised at how long I could make a box of chocolates last would be downright flabbergasted by how slowly I can eat a single one now! I'm grateful for the benefits to the mind and soul this controlling of desires may bring even if the flesh still gets a bit angsty about it sometimes.

It's been a long old haul at the office today, my laptop clearly feeling the strain as much as I, refusing to pick up the scissors and glue, recognise and attach documents just written and so on, but finally I think I'm ready for my appointment at the CAB tomorrow, I'm very grateful to say. I'm hoping it'll let me watch an episode of Catfish when I've finished this and rustled up something vaguely tempting to eat avoiding pretty much all the tempting foodstuffs I can think of... I was extremely grateful last night to track down and finish watching the episode of First Dates I was enjoying when the TV packed up the other day. Much gratitude for programmers coming up with shows about human interaction so I can get the gist of what it is I've missed in life, as well as in the schedules.

I've just realised how quiet all the neighbours must have been while I was bustling about with electronic paperwork... so lots of thanks for that as well.

I give thanks for homing in on the source of the light aircraft engine sound and watching the tiny spot meandering through the sky...
I give thanks for homing in on the source of the frantic buzzing by the window - and letting it out!
I give thanks for the sound of the steam train whistle as it chugs through the town and for thinking of all those happy bods with their cameras or children maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics