Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday light's all right

I give thanks for the soft glow of late Saturday morning light on the sea which always fills me with awe. I don't think there's any particular meteorological reason why the clouds do what they do on that particular day of the week, and it's just because it's usually the only time I'm near the sea at that particular time of day, so if they're doing it I'll see it. I give thanks that this is a bonus of still having to collect my mail from the Post Office because we still have no way of shutting, let alone locking, the communal door where the letter box is.

I give thanks that though, as usual, I've failed to capture the transluscence there's some pleasing shapes in this attempt...


I give thanks that it was no special hardship to be up early today as after the lightning the sky was lightening and I couldn't get back to sleep. I give thanks for arranging to meet Jenny so we could share a cab up the hill, and she was grateful too, not least because the rain started again just as we arrived at the rank! I give thanks for a spare pair of hands to make light work of some cleaning and to help with tasks where four are better than two...

I give thanks for solving the first world problem of the new TV that doesn't hide as much stuff behind it as the old one did. After considering several solutions that involved money, strength and skills not at my disposal I decided the easiest thing would be if I found a just the right size and shape plastic storage box in town here (ie. not a size and shape I'd ever seen before), top it with a just the right size and weight piece of previously painted MDF from one of my 'sheds' and then cover it with an equally appropriately dimensioned and also harmoniously colour co-ordinated piece of textile from one of my not sheds.  This wasn't quite as simple as I'd hoped it might be...it was actually mostly much simpler, so a great deal of gratitude for that! It was hard on some currently very ouchy muscles and joints though, and I'm grateful I managed to also pick up exactly the kind of novel I thought I fancied reading (in the first secondhand shop I looked in of course, on the first shelf) so that this afternoon I could pretend I was going to lie down and start it...and have a nap instead.

I give thanks for the coincidence of a letter crossing in the post from Kostas...and telling me his TV just died! And that one of my cousin's photos has been included on the Tumblr cover pages. A relatively talented bunch we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics