Saturday 26 July 2014

Top ten

Today I've been grateful for the hereness of here. The town is a bit too teeming for my tastes this time of year but Laura and I managed to find a little free table outside a cafe to make a few plans for our journey whilst having a cuppa and sharing an enormous bun and it even matched the ribbon I'd just sewn on my dress and I do like a bit of co-ordination!

Afterwards I gave thanks for the guitar music from the busker on the triangle and the friendly service in the shops I needed to go into but most of all that, despite the annual rumours that each one is the last, our sculpture trail is back. This year it's particularly welcome not just because it's the tenth and has a special 'cake'...


...but also because the raised beds where they set up the artwork were demolished in the February storms and the seafront strewn with chunks of broken brick and paving, so to see them spruce and planted and with all the clever sculptures again was such a delight. 

I was grateful for a nap when I got home, and for a shower - outside, not inside on me! I love the smell on the first rain when it's been warm and dry...

And finally (phew!) I'm grateful I've ironed my sheets and pillowcases and for an action packed quali to entertain me while I did. I'm also grateful I've something planned for tea that shouldn't take too long to make but I must hurry away and do so before I'm tempted to doze again. 10-10 as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics