Monday 28 July 2014

Think tanker

I don't see so much of the sea when the trees are in full leaf but as long as there's a patch big enough for a moonbeam to land on or a boat to sail through that's good enough for me... Yesterday evening I was grateful to happen to spot a tanker lining up for the pilot to come and steer it into port. Then again later, just as I'd put my tea on the table, I thought to go back and see if it was still there, and it was just turning in towards shore to edge through the channel...so I picked up the binoculars I keep on the windowsill and saw something I never have before - a tanker heading in at just the same time so that they crossed beside each other in my little patch of sea! I give thanks for understanding you might think this is a sad thing to be happy about, but even more that I'm happy about it any way...

I give thanks that my pre-dialysis 'chat' is over and I can get back to being pre- and forget about dialysis again for a while. I'm grateful for not being talked down to and for hearing one or two things wouldn't quite as fearful as I feared. I'm grateful I've lots of experience already at facing mortality so that side of it is quite easy for me, and that I know life limiting illness is much easier from the practical point of view if you have loving friends and family around, so that I'm ready for the extra hardness that comes when you don't. I'm grateful for knowing I can just say 'no'.

I'm grateful the appointment overran so that I could run (metaphorically) straight to Knit and Natter to do just that (and that the cab driver managed to miss the moped rider who pulled out into the road without so much as a glance!) And I'm grateful that that overran too so there's little time between a hasty tea and going to choir to think about anything much at all. I give thanks for a suitably irrelevant and chirpy picture from the sculpture trail...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics