Friday 4 July 2014

It's good but it's not right

I give thanks that they brought back Catchphrase - it's so silly and pointless and makes me laugh so much!

I give thanks for a fairly successful morning making the Health Service work. We are so lucky we have one and I'm so grateful I'm still capable of spending chunks of my day on the phone and writing emails to get the best from it. Particular thanks to my rather droll GP and a very attentive dietician. Finding ways to reduce your potassium intake isn't actually hard at all...basically you just need to cut out food and beverages. Beyond that it gets a little tricky especially for anyone who's always eaten in what seemed to be a pretty healthy way. I'm very grateful they've decided I don't need any more bloods done for several weeks anyway... I must fit in as much gallivanting as I can while they're not looking and before they change their mind!

I'm grateful for trying out an idea I had to make Angel Delight with rice milk and cream (trying to cut down on milk and yoghurt) It didn't work but it was worth a go...

I'm grateful I've taken the time to do a trial sew up of my new jumper as I suspected the sleeves weren't turning out right and now I can see they're not. This is great as I now feel let off the hook trying to finish before I pack. It feels as if some more rest is more necessary right now - not even the thought of seeing the choir perform can tempt me off the sofa tonight, though I guess making tea and washing up and vacuuming might eventually... 

Anyway, I'm grateful I can also see it's going to be really lovely when it's sorted so well worth unpicking a bit and redoing. Heavens - I could even take some knitting with me to do while I'm away. Knitting and reading and looking at the sea and no housework and cooking and life admin sounds just what I need for a few days...I have a cardi I'm happy to take to wear instead but it didn't do up - does now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics