Wednesday 2 July 2014

Shallows

I'm grateful for a sunny day, for locals and tourists alike...for the sea quite flat, but waving a little near the shore so folk could be splashing and swimming not drowning. I give thanks for sitting and looking and trying not to think, whilst munching a little more than lip service renal lunch. I'm hoping if I just try to go gently at first it won't seem so hard when it's harder...and I give thanks that no one wants to take me out to dinner or make my tea which would make it harder for them.


I'm grateful for new smellies and sparklies and fabric to sew, some of them coming by post and counterbalancing a wadge of deeper stuff to deal with. I give thanks I can still find pleasure in fragrant baths and pretty things as other options narrow.

I'm grateful for catching a bit of tennis. I've only been to Wimbledon twice - the first time I saw Dimitrov win the boys' and the second I saw Murray win the mens', so there was a memory sense that game might be more of a dead heat. I was sorry to see Andy and his supporters looking so sad, and saddened too by the way anyone not directly involved has to feel it matters. I love a good match and would rather not see anyone badly beaten, but it is only a game you know! Personally I'd prefer it if no one I personally might want to win was in the final this year as I'm not going to be either there or here so, don't tell anyone, but secretly I'm a little bit grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics