Monday 7 July 2014

La lengua de mi corazon

I give thanks for hearing Castellano... Even before I got to the ferry funnily enough as the new album I downloaded was by a Spanish/English duo. I can only remember a dozen or so words and phrases myself now but you can always understand a bit more than you can say, can't you? Lovely too to listen to the effortless switches of a young couple bringing up their small boy bilingual.

I give thanks for finding a super viewing spot to sit indoors up in the bows but away from the bustle, eminently suitable but technically just a window sill halfway up the stairs so easily missed on previous embarkations . For seeing folk sleeping on the soft benches of the closed cafe early this morning, or rather not seeing them at first as it's a remarkably private place to lie, tucked in behind a table and far more comfy than a reclining seat as I discovered for myself in my backpacking days.

For being rocked to sleep in my cabin now I have less agility but slightly more ability to pay. For still knowing how to budget and for the city bus station cafe still doing a stonking tortilla baguette.  It's been etched in my memory as a great cheap munch but I'd forgotten quite how delicious they taste too!

For pods of dolphins and porpoises playing outside the window as I ate a delicious raspberry tart and congenial human company as and when... One I could even act normal with, normal to me you understand, not the normal I try normally try to act around other people - rare treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics