Wednesday 30 July 2014

Spend thrift

When I'm reminded of the limited time I might have to do the things I like, I tend to want to spend more time doing them rather than grumbling or worrying about it. I'm grateful for my sore bits allowing me some leeway in this today and I'm grateful for spending less money than I thought I would in several ways...

Having asked for a quote for a four night stay in a hotel I kind of thought when I asked for five nights it would be 25% more but it turned out to be less than 6% extra; then when I opened my laptop to start the quest for bargain train fares I found a page left open with a pair of shoes in a mail order basket that I'd decided to 'think about' as they were more than I wanted to spend and overnight they'd become half price! And then on top of that I managed to get the tickets I wanted for even less than I spent on the journey for which I'd had a full voucher refund earlier this year so that I still have a voucher left to spend...much gratitude for all of the above.

I'm grateful for more than just such material things though...when I was in the city for my scan last week I was struck by what a lovely feel there was to it these days. It's not the first time I've felt that - the first time I did I moved there - but the last few years it had seemed not to have the same mellowness which is why I'd moved back out. 


I give thanks for the prettiness and merriness and memories I found there today; for the talented buskers, shared laughter on the bus and interesting brickwork to look at while waiting, and for the way all kinds of folk gather around the cathedral on the green to eat their lunches on a sunny day.  For the sight of a thatcher thatching on a roof, and a combine harvester harvesting in a field just a few miles away on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics