Monday 23 March 2015

Even more

I give thanks for a little less pain today, which is particularly good because being incarcerated and immobilised is beginning to make me depressed and depression makes pain worse and vice versa. However decorative my cell and familiar, though invisible, the torturer. this level of discomfort and social isolation is the kind of thing people sign petitions about... 

I give thanks that I'm very good at sleeping at times like these and that I have a bed to do it in...and, as there's been lots of extra sleeping, that if I carry on feeling better and manage to do less of that and more of other things I might be able to change the sheets tomorrow!

I give thanks for finding this article by Stephen Fry about loneliness, and even more that he doesn't seem to be now... http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/06/24/only-the-lonely/

I give thanks that I do like my own company, and that I'm getting better at dealing with the fact that other people tend not to... also that I believe in time time I'll get better at dealing with not being able to do the things I like to do by myself.

I give thanks that I made it to knitting, very late but in time for a cup of tea - well two in fact! Feeling lame metaphorically as well as literally for taking no knitting to do, I was grateful I met Laura there and was able to help her with some word processing instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics