Sunday 8 March 2015

Bang on

I give thanks for the mild weather the last couple of days...saves on the leccy bill for one thing! I suppose having the iron blow up does the same thing but I have to admit I'm not nearly as grateful for that though I did give thanks I wasn't holding it as the time (the bang was a big enough shock!) and that I'm resourceful and am sure I'll find a way to get a replacement despite the complication that not 'any old iron' will do  - it has to be one light enough for me to handle.

Contrary to the popular assumption that I'm always upbeat. I've not actually been particularly grateful for much at all this weekend apart from the fact I've had no one to inflict my glum and grumbly mood on. I gave thanks for being able to stay in bed and sulk and sigh til late today, though I did note I was not in nearly as much pain as I have been of late and felt gratitude for that, even though I still didn't cheer up and get up and get on with things...apart from asking the super powers of the universe to come up with a catalyst for change.

Thus I give extra thanks for a timely invitation from Laura to join her walking Chumba - or to be more precise to drive Chumba somewhere and go for a walk together while she hurtled through the undergrowth! I give thanks for thinking to take a flask of tea, some madelaines and a little picnic rug as there are lots of seats with stunning views up there. 

I give thanks for finishing this panel when I got back...though I've so far made a hash of attaching the back I'm very pleased with the front...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics